It's 2013!!! And while I'm still struggling with coming up with my resolutions, I thought I would share 13 things that I'm excited about and loving these days...
1) Anna Maier! We just added this designer to our collection and let me tell you, these gowns are true hand-crafted designer gowns.
2) Plunging backs. Not for the faint of heart, but when done well ooh la la
3) Chevron: Bold or subtle this modern striping is not only playful but elegant
4) Emerald: It's the Pantone color of the year and is just lovely in a wedding! We saw this style board from Couture Colorado and were in awe!
5) Blush: Even though it wasn't picked by Pantone, blush is getting its day in the spotlight! Celebrities including Jessica Biel and Anne Hathaway walked the aisle in blush and more of our designers are infusing gowns with soft pink hues.
6) Local. As a locally owned business, this is something near and dear to us. Brides are sourcing everything from decor, to gowns, to food from local sources and showing off their hometown pride!
Colorado has everything you could ever need for your bar from spirits, beer (of course), wine, and non-alcoholic mixers. Some of my favorites include: Stranahans Whiskey (http://www.stranahans.com/), Infinite Monkey Theoreum (http://theinfinitemonkeytheorem.com/), Upslope Brewing (http://upslopebrewing.com/), and Izze soda (http://www.izze.com/).
7) Mixing Not Matching: Bridesmaids are showing off their own individual style. Sometimes it's hues of one color or grouping and sometime's it's mixing and matching solids and patterns. Don't be afraid to mix it up!