A baker's dozen of options for signs at your wedding
...and check out our Pinterest board for great visuals!
We read signs, ignore signs, use signs, make signs every day. From a "be back in 5" to a "use other door" or "Speed Limit 55". But there's something about signs at a wedding. Those cute unexpected touches that are perfect for capturing on film, the helpful directions to help your evening flow smoothly, and even an inside joke or two. Signs can go anywhere and are often easier and less expensive that individual printing; which would you rather do: edit, format, copy, fold, and staple 200 programs, or have an artistic friend write up the program on an oversized chalkboard?
Signs can also pick up on motifs or patterns from your invitations or save the dates, and can be a great visually unifying element. Hand-painted or printed, on wood, chalkboard or paper, as fancy or rustic as you want, look at these 13 ways to use signage for your big day:
1. "Here comes the bride" announce your entrance with a small sign or banner instead of flowers
2. "Save the Date" take a photo with the sign and let them know it's on its way!
3. "Welcome" just a perfect little detail to warmly welcome them in!
4. "Dinner" post the menu on a chalkboard, just like your favorite little bistro
5. "the Program" lists party members, officiant, ceremony seating, whatever you like!
6. "Dancing this way" arrow signs to guide people around your venue are functional and fashionable
7. "Escort sign" rather than fussing with individual cards, find a unique way to post table assignments
8. "Mr and Mrs" mark the back of your chairs (or elsewhere on the sweetheart table) with your new name
9. "Light this" Give instruction for things like streamers or sparklers that you want people to use at a certain time
10. "Sign this sign" use large signs as a guest book and let people sign, yearbook style
11. "Photo booth" great for getting people to it let them use it, signs are great props for photo booths
12. "do not disturb" at the end of the night, hang your little door sign and... well, you know!
13. "thank you" let everyone know you appreciate them and include this pic on your thank you cards!