No I have not lost my mind. I think there's something really sweet and playful and funny about chickens. And if you have a good sense of humor, and good enough taste to keep from going overboard, I actually think this could inspire a really beautiful classic Colorado outdoor wedding!
Think colorful, bright golds, reds and greens like a rooster, mixed with more of a French country chic: pale yellow and Wedgewood blue. If you keep the main elements classic, fun pops of color and whimsy in things like the favors, escort cards, and signage will really stand out without it feeling too themed. And what better way to celebrate locally grown organic food!
photos: anthropologie, crooked willow farms, rusted rooster bakery, lela rose, sara gabriel,
weddingcaketoppers.com, justmarried blog, perfectgentlemansa, ruffledblog
Other materials/ideas to consider:
• Using imaginative chicken dishes, like coque au vin in a classic country setting
• Little chicken & rooster salt and pepper shakers with your date painted
on the bottom for gifts
• Burlap, cotton gauze, and cotton all make me think barn, and when used properly
can be very, very chic
• Don't be afraid to mix patterns: gingham, paisley, and striped look great together when unified
with a common color running through all of them
• Little rooster tie pins for the groomsmen
• If you can get a picture of your flowergirl chasing a chicken, you officially win in
your friend's "cutest photos contest"
• NO CHICKEN DANCE!