So I'm not the first person inspired by Grace Kelly. Truth is, she's one of the greatest style icons of all time for a reason: stunning, smart, polished, warm and funny, but always a lady, no wonder she married royalty! Princess Grace truly had all of that, and for this blog, I'm more interested in her inspiring a classic, sophisticated, yet modern look that has more to do with her Hollywood roots than her actual wedding in Monaco.
Princess Grace always detested having the camera's everywhere during her very public, very religious ceremony, so here's your chance to do it right in her honor, with classic black and white, highlighted by blush, a touch of modern whimsy, and polished to a perfect sheen.
photo credits: pearl necklace - tiffanys, cake - instyle wedding magazine, lilly of the valley bouquet - the knot, blush
bridesmaid gown - jenny yoo, invites - ma joie press, sweet pea & lilly of the valley bouquet - unknown, shoe -
kate spade, gloves - martha stewart, tux photo & reception photo - Style Me Pretty
Go with Grace, some other Grace Kelly pointers:
• Remember this isn't a Jessica Rabbit look. Grace was soft and subdued, not scandalous.
• Refinement is key, you don't want to go over the top with this look, keep everything well edited, a little goes a long way
• Keep it real, the whole look is about someone who was stylish and warm, don't spoil it by going too severe and forgetting to smile
• Keep it quality, finer quality paper, fabric, and other elements will keep it from looking like an old Hollywood set...which used to be made out of cardboard. Get the real deal!
• Men have to step it up, tuxedos, no excuses and no sneakers!